ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roberto Laramocha,
by on May 13, 2014 at 12:40:09 pm

hi, im kind a novel in this matter.

i cant track the Clapperboard in this shot, despite i take the corresponding considerations such a light level, shutter speed, etc.

i need to capture the movement of the clapp board, in order to replace in After Effects with a animated one.

my workflow for similar shoots:
*transfer the 5D file on a mac, (25fps, 1080p)
*import the mp4 file in AE (on PC), to trim it.
*export as a png sequence
*import in mocha v3.1, and track using perspective and 90% pixels
*export as a transform data to AE, copying to the clipboard.

in this shot, i start to track from frame 33(more straight)to the begginin. no matter what i do, the spline always POP in frame 26.

when i start in frame 33, and track forward, always pops in frame 35.

this have no sense, because there is not a huge change on perspective, or blur, or illumination...

thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: mocha,
by on May 14, 2014 at 3:06:21 am

All tracking solutions requires that you specify a tracking area. Hence, if the areas you specified isn't ideal for tracking then your tracking results will inevitably fail.

Since you didn't post anything related to your tracking area it's quite impossible to discern what you issue is. However, I assume that your tracking area/spline in mocha encompasses the object that is being held by your talent. This object includes shadows that appear and then disappear while the object is handled. There is high probability that this obvious shadow movement which moves differently from the object itself is the cause for your tracking issue. Of course there could be other issues but I'd look at this first.

Gaudy Teaser Promo for an upcoming AE Type Gizmo.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved