ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to set an output for multi-machine rendering that is accessible by all mac nodes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carey PaganHow to set an output for multi-machine rendering that is accessible by all mac nodes?
by on May 13, 2014 at 4:59:30 am

Need some speed boost on my renders so I thought I'd try this multi machine business as there are a lot of macs in my house.

I've watched a lot of tutorials and they all seem to skip over the output folder setting without much said or they are relevant for windows only.

Problem I'm running into is setting an output folder that makes sense to all nodes.
If I set a local output folder then each node tries to find that folder locally on it's own hard drive which obviously doesn't work.
The only part success I've had is to create a folder with r/w permissions for everyone on one of the nodes.
Then on each node I have to access that folder so it gets mounted. Then each node can find the output folder.
Only problem with that is that the node that I set the folder on can't mount itself as a shared folder so it won't render any frames.
Putting the output folder on the mother machine would be ideal but as the path needs to be a full network (shared) path for the other nodes to see it, but again I can't make a shared folder to itself so that won't work either.

How is this meant to be setup?

Return to posts index

Carey PaganRe: How to set an output for multi-machine rendering that is accessible by all mac nodes?
by on Aug 12, 2014 at 12:44:31 am

Any ideas anyone?

Just want to utilise macs in my house to help render.
Seems incredibly silly that I can't choose a network folder that all nodes can write to.

Return to posts index

Carey PaganRe: How to set an output for multi-machine rendering that is accessible by all mac nodes?
by on Aug 13, 2014 at 5:29:20 am

No one uses after effects on multiple machines with OSX here?

Maybe my explanation was a bit confusing.
To put it another way:

If I have 3 Mac render nodes, how can I set the output path to one of these nodes, such that it is legitimate and writable for all nodes?

Or have Adobe just stopped caring about the Mac user base?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]