ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

retain layer size

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Samuelsretain layer size
by on May 8, 2014 at 12:03:22 pm

I imported photoshop file consisting of many layers into AE and I chose retain layer size but when I click on each layer the bounding box is the same size for each one and its too big. How do I make my layers in photoshop just a bit bigger than the image so that when I import into AE they are all cropped to region of interest only?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: retain layer size
by on May 8, 2014 at 6:49:54 pm

it might help to have a screen shot to illustrate what's happening, but i think it is one of two things...

either you have many small layers that all fit well within the frame of the psd but want the layers cropped to the edges of the layer (rather than the frame size), or you have many large layers that extend beyond the edges of the psd but you want cropped to the frame size.

if you want the edges of each layer cropped only to the size of the layer, then choose to import as composition-cropped layers.

if you want all the layers to cropped to the frames size only choose to import as composition.

if you have a combination of small layers and large layers, and want the small layers to be cropped to the size of the layer, but the large layers to be cropped to the frame size, you'll need to crop the file in photoshop (select all, then image>crop), then import as composition>cropped.

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved