ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

generate STROKE not visible

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oskar Dimec
generate STROKE not visible
on May 6, 2014 at 2:17:32 pm

The generate stroke effect does not work. I've tried everything and it's not visible. Please help me. If someone would be so kind and can upload the stroke effect file maybe mine is currupted. I am using cs6.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: generate STROKE not visible
on May 6, 2014 at 2:48:07 pm

You have given us no details about how you are trying to use this so far.

Screenshots of your Effect Controls panel and Timeline panel with the relevant properties shown would be a good start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Oskar Dimec
on May 6, 2014 at 2:56:03 pm

http://gyazo.com/6a15fff07adb7ecaec3afe3748d5432f

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on May 6, 2014 at 3:46:24 pm
Last Edited By John Cuevas on May 6, 2014 at 3:48:57 pm

Strokes are generated on masks, not shape layers. Plus why would you add a stroke to a shape layer, when you can just use the shape layer's own stroke(just twirl open the contents and change the stroke to what you want)?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Oskar Dimec
on May 6, 2014 at 4:27:31 pm

it does not matter how I use it, it doesn't work on masks too.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on May 6, 2014 at 4:36:07 pm

Create a solid and add a mask. Add the stroke effect to that layer. That's all there is to creating a stroke. If that doesn't work, upload another screen shot.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on May 6, 2014 at 4:43:44 pm

on your existing shape layer, remove the stroke effect and then twirl down the shape layer's 'rectangle 1' property to get to the stroke properties for that shape (color, thickness, opacity, etc)

to use the generate>stroke effect, create a new solid. with that solid selected in the timeline, create a mask on the solid (using the same tool and the shape - the tool changes function based on whether you hav a layer selected or not).

then, with the layer still selected, add effects>generate>stroke. by default it should select the first mask as the 'path', but it is definable by the path dropdown menu, or by clicking the option for 'all masks'.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Arshid Qayyum
on Jun 3, 2015 at 12:36:39 pm

Hi,

If u hv tried every thing and still not able to make stroke track visible then try the following!

Increase the brush size from 2 to 5 (at least).

I hope u can make stroke visible now.

Best of Luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]