ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

C4d sketch and toon with AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark SamuelsC4d sketch and toon with AE
by on May 5, 2014 at 6:52:07 am

Im using C4d R15 full version with AE CC but I can't seem to get AE to recognise when I use sketch and toon. It just updates the comp with the normal standard render even though my render settings are set to sketch and toon. Anyone know how I get Ae to see the sketch and toon please?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: C4d sketch and toon with AE
by on May 5, 2014 at 11:19:55 am

Check out the instructions for using the retail renderer and Sketch and Toon:

http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/c4d.html#CINEWARE%20effect

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Mark SamuelsRe: C4d sketch and toon with AE
by on May 5, 2014 at 11:38:20 am

I opened options and browsed to my version of c4d and set it as render path then I restarted after effects and reset prefs and purged as it says here http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/c4d.html#CINEWARE

But AE it still does not see the sketch and toon render effect. Also when I look at options/render path it still says MAXON CINEWARE AE\(CINEWARE Support)\bin\CineRender

Return to posts index

by on May 5, 2014 at 2:15:11 pm

[Mark Samuels] "I opened options and browsed to my version of c4d and set it as render path then I restarted after effects and reset prefs and purged as it says here http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/c4d.html#CINEWARE But AE it still does not see the sketch and toon render effect. Also when I look at options/render path it still says MAXON CINEWARE AE\(CINEWARE Support)\bin\CineRender"

Those directions are a bit confusing. When you reset preferences, it clears out the custom CINEWARE render path you just set. You'll have to set that again to your C4D installation, then restart After Effects, then purge all memory and disk cache.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on May 5, 2014 at 8:45:30 pm

Yes thats what I have done several times. It still does not render sketch and toon. Also every time I restart and purge then look at the options it still says cineware renderer.

I have been trying to point it to my c4D r15 app instead. Is this what Im meant to do?

Return to posts index

by on May 5, 2014 at 8:56:36 pm

[Mark Samuels] "Yes thats what I have done several times. It still does not render sketch and toon. Also every time I restart and purge then look at the options it still says cineware renderer. "

To be totally clear -- and apologies if this is redundant -- purging and resetting prefs are different things. After you put in the new path to your C4D R15 installation, you should purge (Edit > Purge > All Memory and Disk Cache) but you should not reset your preferences.

So you are saying that you set the CINEMA 4D render path to your C4D R15 app, but then when you quit and reopen the app (without resetting preferences) it's set back to C4D LITE?

[Mark Samuels] "I have been trying to point it to my c4D r15 app instead. Is this what Im meant to do?"

Yes.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on May 5, 2014 at 10:13:16 pm

The instructions here - http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/c4d.html#CINEWARE

say that yes you restart and purge but in some instances a reset of preferences is required. Thats why I tried it. It also says to actually delete the folder but then the preferences page of adobe says you should not do this as its problematic.

Anyway preferences aside, yes when I restart and purge the render path is back on the cinerender app in options.

Return to posts index

by on May 5, 2014 at 10:58:53 pm

[Mark Samuels] "Anyway preferences aside, yes when I restart and purge the render path is back on the cinerender app in options."

Every time you reset the preferences, Ae will reset the renderer to the C4D LITE cinerender app. So once you reset the preferences, change the renderer, and relaunch, it should stick.

If it is not, maybe you should try deleting the folder as the document there suggests. (Or just drag it onto your desktop in case you want to be able to retrieve it.)

You could also try editing the preference file directly and setting the path in there.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on May 5, 2014 at 11:04:11 pm
Last Edited By Mark Samuels on May 5, 2014 at 11:14:26 pm

I followed your instructions and still it does not see the sketch and toon. Its sees everything but.
When I change the options I click browse render path in the options and browse to my applications folder the actual R15 app. This is correct?

Do you think it could be to do with the fact that its the student version? Its supposed to be exactly the same as studio but maybe because the name is different AE does not recognise it?

Return to posts index

by on May 6, 2014 at 1:19:47 pm

[Mark Samuels] "I followed your instructions and still it does not see the sketch and toon. Its sees everything but."

Do you have a sketch material applied to the object?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on May 8, 2014 at 7:07:46 am

[Walter Soyka] "Do you have a sketch material applied to the object?"

Hi Walter,

Yes I do. I have done everything I am supposed to according to Adobe help page but it does not work. So I called them and they looked at my computer remotely but could not find a solution. I was then told they would get back to me but they did not.
The problem is that AE is defaulting back to CineRender even after changing the render path then restarting and purging.
Id be interested to hear from anybody who this actually works for.

Return to posts index

toma everRe: C4d sketch and toon with AE
by on Oct 21, 2015 at 2:13:02 am

Here is how I got it to work, simply trash cinema4d lite!

So first close AE, trash your preferences, navigate to the Plug-ins folder and in Cineware/(cineware support)/bin, trash the app

Then when restarting AE, and importing a C4D file, it will pop up some error messages; change the render engine in the Options of cineware, restart, purge and it works

http://aexpr.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]