ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tracking multiple Element 3D Text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kimberly GehrtTracking multiple Element 3D Text
by on May 2, 2014 at 9:48:12 pm

I have a piece of footage that I want to track multiple Element 3D text to.

Here is a screen shot of my footage.

I would like to track text to each one of the arches as it goes it down the road. I succuessfully tracked one piece of text to the first arch using 3D Camera Tracker & Element 3D, but when I try to create another text layer to attach to the second arch by choosing another point on the 3D Camera Tracker, it doesn't track correctly.

Granted, I am fairly new at using the 3D Camera Tracker, usually I just track motion using the tracker points, but I can't find anything online about using multiple points in one piece of footage.

I've tried opening it up in another composition, re-analyzing the footage, and creating a new text and camera using a different point on the second arch, but it does not stay attached to the point. The Element 3D layer seems to follow the camera and then attaches to the first arch instead of the second.

Any insight?

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Tracking multiple Element 3D Text
by on May 4, 2014 at 6:20:42 pm

You might have better luck with Mocha. It's a planar tracking system so it should do a pretty good job of sticking to the arches and you can specify exactly what you want it to track. There are quite a few tutorials out there on how to use Mocha for effects similar to what you are trying to do. HTH

Erik Waluska

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved