ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects and new pc

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neno AlyaniAfter Effects and new pc
by on May 1, 2014 at 5:49:49 pm
Last Edited By Neno Alyani on May 1, 2014 at 6:12:51 pm

hey guys im an after effects editor , and i used to have a crappy pc , so i decided i'll collect some money and get a powerful pc ,and indeed i bought one , here's the specs :-

CPU : Intelcore i7 4770 @3.40 GHz
RAM : 8gb
GPU : Geforce GTX 650
Motherboard : ASROCK z87 Extreme 3
Power supply : Strike-x 600W

i bought this pc like before two months , and it was really incredible i could render Element 3D videos in no time , and i could watch my edits while editing in Full Resolution , it was like a dream coming true , but unfortunately last week something weird happened , my pc suddenly got slow and somebody changed my skype password and i knew it was a hacker but i got rid of him by changing some setting and my ip , but now my after effects is still slow , and i'm really pissed i mean i paid like ( 1600 $ ) for this pc , so any solutions please ?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effetcs and new pc
by on May 1, 2014 at 6:57:40 pm

[Neno Alyani] " my pc suddenly got slow and somebody changed my skype password and i knew it was a hacker but i got rid of him by changing some setting and my ip "

If that's really what you think, I'd guess wiping the machine and restoring a backup image of you have one or reinstalling if you do not would be in order.

[Neno Alyani] "CPU : Intelcore i7 4770 @3.40 GHz
RAM : 8gb"

You could use more RAM. 8 GB is not a lot for Ae. More RAM will let you use multiprocessing. Search this forum for RAM or multiprocessing for many detailed responses.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: After Effetcs and new pc
by on May 2, 2014 at 8:54:12 pm

Definitely agree about the RAM. There is just no such thing as too much RAM for AE. I've worked with 6 and 8 GB over the last couple of years and its doable, but I would often have to make custom viewing resolutions of 1/8 or lower as well as having to export instead of RAM preview as the RAM preview couldn't handle much more than a few seconds for large HD projects.

I can't remember offhand, but I do recall seeing notes where some of the professional softwares don't play well with any Windows edition other than professional.

Though I too would recommend a backup or full reinstall. Its not that the slowdown couldn't be fixed, its that almost certainly it would be faster to reinstall than it would be to diagnose and correct whatever issue there is.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effetcs and new pc
by on May 2, 2014 at 8:58:10 pm

[Jeff Kay] "I can't remember offhand, but I do recall seeing notes where some of the professional softwares don't play well with any Windows edition other than professional."

Windows 7 has artificial RAM restrictions in its home editions. Windows 7 Home Basic is limited to 8 GB. Windows 7 Home Premium is limited to 16 GB.

Windows 7 Professional is limited to 192 GB.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).a...

The limits are less stupid on Windows 8 -- 128 GB for Windows 8, 512 GB for Windows 8 Professional/Enterprise.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]