ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

feather the edge of rotobrushed expanding jagged jelly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anita sancha
feather the edge of rotobrushed expanding jagged jelly
on May 1, 2014 at 8:53:33 am

Hi.....

I have a strange shaped jelly which needs the edge to become very feathered so it melts into a layer below. I have rotobrushed it... and precomped it.... but as it is expanding constantly in a blobby jelly way with jagged edges... this solution could be some long masking time to achieve.... a really good feathered edge using a mask..

... is there a feather plug in or another good effect for this. The rotobrushed 40% feather is no where near what I want.

and a good edge is already there from rotobrush. After effects 5.5
Cheers

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

http://www.anitasancha.co.uk

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: feather the edge of rotobrushed expanding jagged jelly
on May 1, 2014 at 1:21:21 pm

I don't quite understand what you've got going on, but perhaps it would work to precomp your layer with the edge you like, blur it, and use it as a track matte for a copy of the layer.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

anita sancha
on May 1, 2014 at 4:54:10 pm

hi... i have never done track matts. may be now is the time... the jelly melts gradually as would a block of ice. shrinking. so it would be semi opaque at the edge of it.... ... the effect i want was to select the edge as in photoshop and refine edge... with a large feather amount maybe 50pixels, but all the refine edges in AE are only up to 40%. i need a wider edge of feather..and also not a blur, as i don't think that would look right.
cheers.. hope that helps?

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

http://www.anitasancha.co.uk

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 1, 2014 at 5:32:23 pm

If you're blurring the layer that is the track matte, all it's doing is essentially feathering a matte.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]