ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Advanced Tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Bothun
Advanced Tracking
on Apr 30, 2014 at 3:45:34 pm

Hello People!
I have lurked in the dark here on CC for about 7 years and have decided I need to log in and ask for help on this one.

Warning: This may not be that advanced.

I have a shot, locked off, of a man sitting on a desk. He lifts his arm into frame to show an iPad.
The shot is BK&WH, and the screen needs to be color. I need to track the iPad into the frame and out of the frame, and he is a bit shaky while holding it. There is also a bit of perspective shifting going on.

I have used Mocha, I have manually key framed positions, rotation, corner pins, and so forth, all with varying degrees of success. I would say what I have now is pretty close, but not quite there. Hoping for some thoughts and tips.

Thanks!

Jonathan Bothun
Producer | Directer | Shooter | Editor
Parthé Inc.

Return to posts index

Karl Whinnery
Re: Advanced Tracking
on May 2, 2014 at 9:08:38 pm

Can you post what you have? That would help. I've used mocha to do what you're talking about - start in the middle, track towards the end, then go back and track from the middle the to begining (if something goes on and off screen).

Return to posts index

Jonathan Bothun
on May 9, 2014 at 8:09:12 pm

Thanks for the response Karl. That is what I ended up doing, I did a little more research on mocha which lead me to a better understanding of how it tracks and it all worked out great.

Jonathan Bothun
Producer | Directer | Shooter | Editor
Parthé Inc.

Return to posts index

Karl Whinnery
on May 9, 2014 at 8:26:48 pm

Nice! Feel free to post the articles/videos - may help someone else too. Glad you got it worked out.

Those were some of my first attempts using mocha. I love it - but I've mainly used it on face/eyes - I watched a tutorial on someone tracking a boat rocking and tracking 4 or 5 different planes. That was nuts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]