ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Would this be the optimal disc setup?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shane Scott
Would this be the optimal disc setup?
on Apr 30, 2014 at 2:42:18 am

I'm planning to get a laptop with a 1TB HDD (7200rpm), 512GB SSD and another 120GB SSD.

On the 512GB SSD I plan to put the OS, AE and the disk cache. On the 120GB SSD I plan to put projects and only media that is being used in a current project (when i'm done with a project i'll move all that media to the 1TB HDD for storage). And the 1TB HDD will just be for file storage.

Would this be the best way to set it up? Also where should I put the media cache? and lastly which drive would be best to render to?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Would this be the optimal disc setup?
on Apr 30, 2014 at 5:16:05 am

I'd render to the disk that you intend to use for storage. A mechanical disk's speed and the relatively slow connection to the external disk shouldn't be a problem for a single stream of video going out.

The media cache should be on the same big SSD as your disk cache. Don't forget to clean the media cache out when you're done with a project and ready to move to the next one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

shane Scott
Re: Would this be the optimal disc setup?
on Apr 30, 2014 at 1:52:05 pm

ok thanks todd!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]