ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects CC crashing randomly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John LucasAfter Effects CC crashing randomly
by on Apr 28, 2014 at 12:03:58 pm

Recently, I've started having troubles with my After Effects CC:

First, it was taking 5-10 minutes for it to startup. After launching, it would work correctly and nicely without any trouble. I got tired of having to wait for it to start, so I googled about it and decided to delete de Preferences files from in: C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\12.2

Curiously, that seemed to resolve the long-lasting waiting process of startup. And when After Effects completely opened, it immediatelly crashed. No error messages or windows opened up, it simply went "Not responding" and the Windows error message appeared when I clicked anywhere in it. Then I closed it.

After opening it again, curiously it worked, all tools and menus and windows appeared properly, without any long waiting.

So, briefly, I have to start After Effects two times to get it working properly, and I'm very worried about this matter. Any ideas?

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Brazilian.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects CC crashing randomly
by on Apr 28, 2014 at 4:10:29 pm

I see you're running AE version 12.2, but have you updated to the latest version? As of right now, that's

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved