ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS 5.5 and AE Creative Cloud Compatibility

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather Hass
After Effects CS 5.5 and AE Creative Cloud Compatibility
on Apr 26, 2014 at 11:07:05 pm

Hi,
I have run into a little problem with a freelance project that is due Monday a.m.
A company I used to freelance for asked if I could fill in for their main animator this weekend, so I haven't worked for them in awhile. They purchased a creative cloud account with the programs I would need, because that is what they work from and I only have the CS5 suite. It wouldn't be a problem, except I am working on a file started by someone else on their computers. So anyway, I go to download AE CC and it says my system is not compatible with it.
Can I open the file in my AE and work on it and then if they need to make further changes in house, are they still able to open the file in their AE CC program?
This is frustrating as I can not afford a new computer, operating system or new creative suite. My imac is from 2008.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: After Effects CS 5.5 and AE Creative Cloud Compatibility
on Apr 27, 2014 at 12:49:41 pm

Take a look-see here http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/01/opening-after-effects-projects-... for AEP compatibility across the different AE versions.

HTH
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After Effects CS 5.5 and AE Creative Cloud Compatibility
on Apr 28, 2014 at 3:19:25 pm

[Heather Hass] "Can I open the file in my AE and work on it and then if they need to make further changes in house, are they still able to open the file in their AE CC program?"

To go from Ae CC (v12) to AE CS5.5 (v10.5), you'd have to do the following:

In Ae CC, File > Save As > Save a Copy as CS6... then open this project in Ae CS6, then File > Save As > Save a Copy as CS5.5.

Your AEP from CS5.5 will open and convert automatically into Ae CC, but then if you need to go back down again, you'll have to do the double save-as I described above.

Any new features used in the project from CS6 and CC will not survive the save-down.

[Heather Hass] "This is frustrating as I can not afford a new computer, operating system or new creative suite. My imac is from 2008."

Mavericks (the latest OS from Apple) supports your iMac and is free.

Creative Cloud is now subscription-based and no longer requires the outright purchase of a perpetual license as Creative Suite did. You can subscribe to what was the entire Master Collection and then some for $50/month on an annual contract, or you can get a single month's rental for $75. The trade-off is that when you stop paying, the apps turn off.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/buying-guide.html

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]