ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Video exported from AfterEffects and uploaded to Youtube is out of sync when playing from iOS devices?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikola Tomic
Video exported from AfterEffects and uploaded to Youtube is out of sync when playing from iOS devices?
on Apr 26, 2014 at 8:46:13 pm

Hello people.

I am having this problem for long time ago and I have no idea how to fix it.

When I create video, export from AfterEffects and upload to Youtube - it plays all well on PCs using any browser or player.

But when watch my videos from iPad2 or iPhone4s - image is a bit late and out of sync to sound. Difference is not that hard but I notice that and I am not happy at all, as my videos must be synchronized with audio.

Any ideas why it is happening? Maybe there is even better setup to H264 to make video play perfectly synced everywhere?

This is example of my short video trailer [look at middle part with rhythm]:

You will notice that watching from desktop PCs will look all well, but watching videos from iOS devices make it slightly out of sync. I've even tried to copy video[s] to DropBox - the same.

Settings I use for H264 export in AfterEffects:

Format: H.264 - Include Project Link checked
Post Render Action: None - Include Source XMP Metadata

Video Output: RHB, Bitrate 8.00 Mbps

Depth: Millions of Colors

Color: Premultiplied (Matted)

Audio Output: 44.100 kHz Stereo.

H.264 Options window:

Basic Video Settings:

Codec: MainConcept H.264 Video
Profile: Main
Level: 4.2

Bitrate Settings:
BItrate Encoding: CBR
Bitrate [Mbps]: 8

Advanced Settings:
Set Key Frame Distance - 30 frames

I've tried to disable keyframe distance - video is still slightly late with sound.

My videos are created in Photoshop as Full HD PSDs and opened in project in 30fps.

What I am missing here? I've noticed that even Psy Gangnam Style video is out of sync when watching from iPads and iPhones...

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Video exported from AfterEffects and uploaded to Youtube is out of sync when playing from iOS devices?
on Apr 26, 2014 at 9:01:23 pm

Use the YouTube encoding presets in Adobe Media Encoder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Nikola Tomic
Re: Video exported from AfterEffects and uploaded to Youtube is out of sync when playing from iOS devices?
on Apr 26, 2014 at 9:17:48 pm

Do you mean to open Adobe Media Encoder, drag and drop project from AEffect [cs6] and render it? Which preset to use - 29.97fps version? I can`t find 30fps preset here...? 29.97 vs 30fps might be the problem! Thank you very much!! :)

Return to posts index

Nikola Tomic
on Apr 27, 2014 at 10:40:02 pm

Just to add my experience:

Rendering from Adobe Media Encoder will not help running video 100% synced on iPad2 or iPhone4s [devices I've tried].

I've experienced even worse problem: Default HD image created in Photoshop [as PSD file] and imported in AE is set to 30fps project. When open this project and export as 29.97 - I will get half frame on 3-4 times in 3 minutes video so instead removing layer in some part of the video I will get half transparent layer. It looks like a flick or error while playing video, but when load video back to Photoshop and zoom to that frame on Photoshop's video time-line - I will clearly view transparent layers instead 100% visible or 100% invisible.

I've rendered final video in my old way - from AE directly :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]