ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Delivery format for collaborating worldwide

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier ParedesDelivery format for collaborating worldwide
by on Apr 26, 2014 at 5:12:12 pm

Dear fellows,

I have a potential project coming up that would require collaboration from multiple AE artists; each located in different parts of the world. The resolution we would be working on is 1280x720p. The idea is to have collaborators each work on different segments of the video.

If I'm planning on assembling the final video in Final Cut Pro 7 on my Mac, it means I will need each AE artist to deliver their rendered portion via the web. My questions are:

1. If I need an alpha channel, can I get a way with one of the ProRes codecs? Since uncompressed files would be huge. I've never really tried this.

2. Not everyone is working on Mac. Based on my research, it looks like exporting ProRes from a PC is almost impossible or a complicated work-around. Anyone working with a codec on the PC that is comparable to ProRes in terms of quality and file size AND that can be handled by FCP7?

This is for a corporate video so while quality is very important it doesn't have to look absolutely and stunningly crisp.

I would appreciate any shared experiences and caveats I must lookout for.

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Delivery format for collaborating worldwide
by on Apr 26, 2014 at 6:53:35 pm

For the transparency information you could have them render you another pass as a luma matte in the form of a jpg sequence. Super small file size once zipped. Problem solved.

My Work:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Delivery format for collaborating worldwide
by on Apr 28, 2014 at 4:11:49 pm

Decide on one single frame rate.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved