ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

adding a screen to 3d model for commercial

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kassun majchrzakadding a screen to 3d model for commercial
by on Apr 24, 2014 at 5:16:12 pm

I have our device rendered out from maya and the footage imported into AE. The device does a complete 360 spin from a fixed camera. I have to add in a screen with animation on it. I have tried motion tracking and mocha but I end up going through frame buy frame for adjustment and I am getting some wiggling with the screen image on the model as it rotates. The screen on the rendered out model is black. I have now glare or highlights that go across the screen.

I read through some tutorials about exporting null's in Maya for exact positions. So I have a fixed camera (renderCam) and 4 locators named (null_xxx) each is point snapped to each corner of the screen on the 3D model and the keys are baked. I take the 4 nulls the fixed renderCam and save them out as an .ma file. When I bring this into after effects the null's are blown way up. The scene size hasn't changed rendered out as 1080p HD.

I have thought of just rendering the screen seperate from the model and trying to track that to get an improved track. But I am just not sure what the right way to proceed is.

I would appreciate any help on this project...

Thanks for your time,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved