ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

When previewing, why does it always re-process whole work area even when I make a small change?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian DillonWhen previewing, why does it always re-process whole work area even when I make a small change?
by on Apr 24, 2014 at 3:08:24 am

I just bought a new MacBook Pro and AE CC. I have been using After Effects for decades, however. I don't remember it ever doing this. Do I have a setting wrong?

When I preview my work area by pressing zero on the numeric pad, it calculates and previews fine. However, when I make a slight change, even to the audio track, it reprocesses the whole thing again, even if the part it is reprocessing was not even near the keyframes I was manipulating. Shouldn't that part still be untouched in the buffer? I have tried with draft mode, and fast preview mode.

I'm sure there must be some setting I have wrong???

Thanks in advance,
Ian.

Mac Pro 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
8 GB Ram
Blackmagic Decklink Studio 2 Card

Playroom Creative
We are an Orange County Video Production and Marketing company.
http://www.PlayroomCreative.com

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: When previewing, why does it always re-process whole work area even when I make a small change?
by on Apr 24, 2014 at 2:07:14 pm

Try purging your memory. Also, check your disk cache allotment.

If the timing is even slightly changed in the video, it has to recalculate. If you put a keyframe at the end, but remove one from the beginning, it has to recalculate also since there is no keyframe where there once was.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: When previewing, why does it always re-process whole work area even when I make a small change?
by on Apr 24, 2014 at 5:38:53 pm

If you tweak a layer that's the same duration as the composition, that'll happen. If you tweak a 2-second clip in a 30-second comp, AE only has to think about that 2-second bit.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]