ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion tracking a radio mic

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil BroughMotion tracking a radio mic
by on Apr 23, 2014 at 10:42:07 pm

Hi there I have been asked to remove the radio mic from the guy in this shot which is attached to the back of his trousers.

I have tried in Mocha but have had not luck and was wondering if anyone might have some pointers or ideas on how to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance.

Radio Mic

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Motion tracking a radio mic
by on Apr 24, 2014 at 2:23:22 pm

Can be done with either mocha AE or mocha Pro but will require "paint or clone" to actually create some frames with the mic removed.

If you are using mocha AE, I would recommend looking into the MochaImport+ script. With that workflow, you would stabilize the movement of the actor to be locked down on a pre-comp. Than you would paint or clone out the mic, than re-introduce the motion. The MochaImport+ script helps understand and automate the workflow.

If you use mocha Pro, the workflow is different - you would track the back then feed some "clean plates" fixed frames created in a paint app like Photoshop. The nice thing about using mocha Pro for these tasks is that it has advanced functions in the Remove Module that will analyze and match lighting shifts and interpolate multiple patches for a great remove.

There are lots of tutorials on imagineer's site.

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved