ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Building a PC that can withstand After effects, Blender, High-Def Video editing.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cole Skory
Building a PC that can withstand After effects, Blender, High-Def Video editing.
on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:07:41 pm

So I am in desperate need of a new computer. At the moment I have a late 2008 macbook pro that can not handle the programs I am trying to run. Adobe After effects, premier, Blender, etc etc. So I am in need of a new computer. I decided to switch over to PC sense it is cheeper. So I don't think I can wait any longer to research all the parts I need that will be compatible, to build a pc. So i decided to buy one, then gradually upgrade it. This is what I am looking at http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Gaming-FX6164-Desktop/dp/B00AZ428N8/ref=sr_1_1...

Processor 3.3 GHz FX-Series Six-Core FX-6100
RAM 16 GB SDRAM DDR3
Hard Drive 1 TB SATA
Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Graphics Card Ram Size 2 GB
Number of USB 2.0 Ports 6
Expand
Other Technical Details
Brand Name Avatar
Series Gaming PC
Item model number Gaming FX6164
Hardware Platform PC
Operating System Windows 8
Processor Brand AMD
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Interface ATA-3
Hard Drive Rotational Speed 7200 RPM
Optical Drive Type DVD-R
Power Source AC
Voltage 110 volts

Do you see anything wrong with it? The most intensive program I will be running on my computer will be Blender, or any other 3D program.
Thanks,
Cole

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: Building a PC that can withstand After effects, Blender, High-Def Video editing.
on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:28:40 pm

I would suggest an Intel Chip over an AMD unless it's out of the budget and also a 750Ti over the 640 because of Premiere and Blender.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Cole Skory
Re: Building a PC that can withstand After effects, Blender, High-Def Video editing.
on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:31:24 pm

Yeah :/ I need to go with the bare minimum at the moment. Now for the 750Ti could I upgrade that later? Because I am not great with either of those. I am 16 and still a beginner. And could I upgrade to intel after aswell?

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:50:55 pm

You can change out to the 750Ti later easy enough just by replacing the video card. However to change to an Intel CPU would require a new system board as well besides the CPU later. You would also have to re-install the OS most likely.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:30:40 pm

You haven't said anything about the hard drives in your system. You want one or two solid state drives for running your OS and for AE to use for its cache and then a large drive (or several, possibly in a RAID configuration) for your footage storage and final renders.

I would highly recommend watching this recorded event for how AE and Premiere use system resources.

If you want information on optimizing a system to work with AE, this link is useful.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Cole Skory
on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:32:41 pm

Ok thank you! But I would be able to put those in after I bought it right?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:48:56 pm

Well, you'll need at least one hard drive to start with... ;)
But yes, you can add more hard drives later.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Cole Skory
on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:50:19 pm

Haha, right. But the 1TB Sata it comes with will work?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:54:45 pm

Yes, but just be aware of how AE and Premiere use hard drives.
Again, I highly recommend to anyone planning to build a computer for AE or Premiere that they watch this event video.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]