ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Text Animation Easing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom skeltonText Animation Easing
by on Apr 22, 2014 at 3:17:05 pm

Hi All,

So, i've never quite got my head around the text animators inside a layer in AE. When i'm doing some simple animates the easing towards the end gives up and snaps.

eg: i've animated a bunch of text using a range selector on the z axis, this is based on words not characters. Say there are 20 words; the first 15 slowly animated to the final position but the last 5 speed up (almost like they're to excited to reach their final spot).

Any thoughts on constant easing inside the text animator?

cheers in advance

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Text Animation Easing
by on Apr 23, 2014 at 1:04:50 am

A good answer depends on knowing which Text Shape Mode and the Text Selector and the values for the latter you've used. Having said, the Ease High, Ease Low properties are normally where you'd head to, to smoothen your end points. Another tip is to add superfluous text at the end of your existing text. The trick is to have an additional Text Animator Group to deselect these additional characters - they won't appear (since they're deselected) BUT they will be accounted for by the Text Tool's built-in animation engine.

I'm actually working on something that should be plentifully easier to use for creating animated type in AE. Check back in a week or two.

Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved