Change from color to black and white REVERSE PLEASANTVILLE EFFECT

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebecca Metcalf
Change from color to black and white REVERSE PLEASANTVILLE EFFECT
on Apr 21, 2014 at 2:58:24 am

HI
I DESPERATELY NEED HELP

I am trying to edit a video so that black and white "creeps in" or "melts into" the scene. The video will be moving, I don't want to isolate a color but slowly make the video turn black and white without any sleek wipe effects - I want the change to grow as subtly as possible.

Please let me know if this is at all possible, any help would be really appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: Change from color to black and white REVERSE PLEASANTVILLE EFFECT
on Apr 21, 2014 at 10:23:25 am

So you could try a gradient wipe, using a custom gradient layer (photoshop file would work fine, though you could use a movie clip) that has a soft mix of black to white, maybe from using black and white as foreground and background colours and then using the photoshop render / clouds as a starting point .. maybe zoom it in a bit, soften it, play around. Use plenty of softness in the transition.

This would be to transition from a starting layer to a copy of that with the black-and-white look you want already established.

http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/transition-effects.html

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Apr 21, 2014 at 10:25:10 am

The easiest way would probably be to keyframe a hue/saturation effect to go from -100 to 0.

Return to posts index

George Goodman
on Apr 21, 2014 at 1:20:25 pm

There really are a million ways to do this, but I would just fade in a tint effect if you don't want a wipe. However you choose to do it, I would put the effect on an adjustment layer so that you have a lot more control of it. This way, you can animate a mask or do whatever you want to it.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]