ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects error: unable to allocate space, cant find out a sollution

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
constanti dinu
After Effects error: unable to allocate space, cant find out a sollution
on Apr 20, 2014 at 6:45:39 pm

hi!
i'm trying to render a project which contains a 21 000 x 10 200 jpg on which i applied a cc sphere. i get this unable to allocate space for image error and i don't know what to do.

i googled on forums and i tried some things:
-turned off multiprocessing
- turned off open gl
- enable disk cache, increased maximum disk cache size to 500000 mb
-tried total ae memory usage: 1 gb, ram to leave for other applications: 3 gb ram

have no other idea. i've read all the forums

my pc config is:
intel core 2 quad q 6600@2.4 ghz,
4 gb ram
win 7 64 bit

thanks for any reply, need your help

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: After Effects error: unable to allocate space, cant find out a sollution
on Apr 20, 2014 at 7:03:48 pm

You need much more RAM if you're going to try to work with such large images. 4GB is the bare minimum to even run After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Apr 21, 2014 at 1:56:39 pm

What Todd said.

I have worked with some templates with large imagery like that. Had to have 32GB for it to render, and it still took time.

Return to posts index

Darwinius Berar
on Apr 22, 2014 at 12:13:34 am
Last Edited By Darwinius Berar on Apr 22, 2014 at 12:27:46 am

Hehe, funny to think i was doing 10k renders from ae years ago in the age of 4gb ram workstations.

Easy done my friend:
Download gimp, the free open source software like photoshop.( photoshop is EXTREMLY slow with huge images thats why i use Gimp on big images)

Open your big image in Gimp and then EXPORT as JPG with 75% quality AND 4:2:2 subsampling settings (you could try 80-85 quality but 75 is also ok, almost Facebook like :)

After this you will get an image under 100mb perfect for AE(my 21.000x10200 4:2:2 , 75% Q foto panorama jpg from gimp was 14MB big)

I tested this right now with a panorama image same size as yours on a laptop and set AE to 3GB ram usage and multiprocessing off, in a 10s HD comp with cc sphere effect applied, and some rotation animation NOT A PROBLEM, i could get even ram preview for all 10s rotation in quarter resolution preview.

AE peak usage in Mountain lion was 1.6GB for final 10s rotation render so YES is POSSIBLE.

Daca nu reusesti lasa-mi un mesaj :)

Never stop learning, anything.
Knowledge is the key to everything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]