ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS6 Shows Nothing but Blackness!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Pulido
After Effects CS6 Shows Nothing but Blackness!!
on Apr 18, 2014 at 7:29:09 pm

My Adobe After Effects Project was going smooth, until i decided to render it out, then got a long error, so i was gonna go back and render it out in chunks, but then everything in my composition window went black, i scroll through the composition, and nothing comes out.. Please help This project is due soon thanks!
-Josh Pulido

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: After Effects CS6 Shows Nothing but Blackness!!
on Apr 18, 2014 at 7:36:39 pm

Start by purging the cache (Edit > Purge).

If that does't help, post a screen grab of your timeline and comp window.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

chris brett
on Apr 19, 2014 at 11:31:53 am

Hi Josh

---------------- this has happened to me also --- the black is no problem the comp is still there ---- just clear all the cache areas and reboot the machine -- should load normally and off you go...

--- seems to me that memory areas are not automatically cleared and fill up causing problems .....

I clear as below - its probably a bit 'belt-and-braces' but seems to work for me......

edit / purge / / all memory plus image cache memory

also

edit / preferences / media and disk cach / empty disk cache plus clean database and cache

Then exit AE and reboot the machine.

Editing in sections has worked for me when I've had real problems in the past --- just render as sequential files till it crashes / delete last rendered frame in case corrupt / then re-render from that frame number straight into same folder till it crashes again or finishes etc --- its a pain but no real problem ...

------------------------------------- chris ---

Return to posts index

Josh Pulido
on Apr 19, 2014 at 1:28:21 pm

Alright it worked thank you:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]