ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE to Avid import issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sarah lauchAE to Avid import issue
by on Apr 17, 2014 at 4:24:00 am

I am importing graphics I built into avid and instead of being on the bottom of the screen (like a lower 3rd) they are popping up in the middle of the screen. I tried to switch all my avid settings and nothing is working. Any ideas? THANK YOUUUU

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: AE to Avid import issue
by on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:10:34 pm

What are your AE Comp settings & Render Settings(including codec)? Have you opened the rendered file you created, before importing to make sure that the lower third is at the bottom of the screen. Finally what are your Avid import settings, particularly the "Image Size Adjustment" setting?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE to Avid import issue
by on Apr 17, 2014 at 4:37:21 pm

Avid likes things just so. It's best to create AE graphics in both the frame rate and the horizontal & vertical dimensions of your Avid project settings.

I'll bet you've made just the part of the animated lower this that you needed. Nest it into a new comp with the same dimensions as the rest of your Avid footage, position it vertically to taste, and re-render. You ought to have better luck.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

sarah lauchRe: AE to Avid import issue
by on Apr 17, 2014 at 4:39:36 pm

THANK YOU GUYS!!! somehow (I am not sure how) ..I got it to work HAAAA.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved