ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Pixel Art/Text Quality Loss

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sooraj SureshPixel Art/Text Quality Loss
by on Apr 16, 2014 at 1:10:56 am
Last Edited By Sooraj Suresh on Apr 20, 2014 at 11:32:29 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Sooraj Suresh and I have made an account and this post because I've been having this issue recently, and it is really irritating me: When I render videos that include pixel art or pixel styled text I need the output to preserve the hard edges of the pixels. Whether I render in After effects, or use media encoder, I lose the hard edges; there is a strange sort of blurriness to my pixels. Here are my settings, along with a pre-render and post-render image.

When I use after effects to render, I have the render settings set to current settings: all the pixel art and text are set to draft quality to maintain the hard edges. I set the format to AVI, and use no video codecs (The default settings when you choose 'lossless').

When I use media encoder to render, I choose H.264 and Match Source High bit rate. Whether I 'render at max depth' or 'render using maximum quality' does not fix the issue. The various bit encoding options also do not fix the issue. And I do not use frame blending.

In After Effects (Pre-Render) :

Output (Rendered) :

(It is hard to tell the difference in the images unless you zoom in)

If anyone thinks they can help me or needs more information please let me know. This is my first time here so I don't know exactly how much information is needed to solve this problem. Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved