ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Quicktime Not Displaying in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean lloyd
Quicktime Not Displaying in AE
on Apr 15, 2014 at 8:07:24 am

This is the strangest problem, I have had in AE. I am using Primatte Keyer to key a greenscreen as an element in a composition. I used it with identical footage before, (shot with the same camera, translated to Apple Intermediate Codec, same location, same greenscreen, lighting, etc.) and it worked fine,

I can open the footage in any program, Preview, Final Cut, etc. and it's fine. But when I try to place it into the composition, it treats it like there is nothing there, even when I solo it, it just isn't showing up. I tried opening another composition and I could open the footage and key it, but when I tried to move that comp into the main comp it again treats it like it's completely transparent, and when I go back to the comp that I was able to key it in, it is again missing in action!, meaninging it's not showing up in the comp that I just keyed it in.

I tried purging the system, but nothing changed, as well as checking to make sure that the codecs are the same . Also when I double click on it, it doesn't show up in the layer view.

I'm baffled, and of course it's one of the last things I need to do on something that I have been working on for six months. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. I may try to key it in FCP, but not sure if FCP can output with an alpha channel. I'll find out. Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the great advice from everyone on this forum...

PS I am working in CS6

Return to posts index

Alex Harris
Re: Quicktime Not Displaying in AE
on Apr 15, 2014 at 8:20:43 am

Idea:

Downgrade Quicktime

Long explanation:
I have a PC and a Mac, and sometimes when Quicktime would update itself for whatever reason I couldn't work with Quicktime files in After Effects or export them. If nothing else changed on your computer, it's likely an auto-update like I had to deal with. I spent hours installing ghetto ass codecs trying to figure out what was up, just setting it back did the trick. This was on a PC, though

Alex Harris
Videographer
http://azcorporatevideo.com

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on Apr 17, 2014 at 8:44:21 pm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response. It would make sense exept for the fact that it's an intermittent problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I am thinking I may have a corrupted file. Aggravating because I only need to do two more shots that total 11 seconds...

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on Apr 18, 2014 at 2:50:36 am

I'm really grateful that this post has been ignored for the most part. Figured it out... complete stupidity on my part. Don't want to mention what it was, because it's too embarrassing. Maybe I've been working on this too long. Sorry for clogging up the forum...

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26:37 am

Just an addendum to my prior post. I tried keying it and outputting it from FCP, but it does the same thing. It also shows up in the thumbnail of the project panel. Very strange. Let me know if you guys have some ideas. Thanks...

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on Apr 15, 2014 at 9:06:23 am

I seem to have gotten is to work. There was a bit or a moron aspect in there, on my part, but there is also something strange going on, because the same thing happened the other day. Could Lux cause any weird issues, because it seems to be working intermittently? Anyway, I've got it going for now, so don't worry about it, if you come upon this post. Thanks....

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on Apr 17, 2014 at 9:58:35 am
Last Edited By sean lloyd on Apr 17, 2014 at 10:29:33 am

I thought that I had done something stupid on this, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Sometimes I can see the clip in the footage viewer, sometimes not.
I've been able to create a new comp with the footage, but then when I drag that comp into my main comp, it disappears again. A new project might fix it, but I have too much built in the one I'm using to start from scratch. Very stange. It anyone has an idea, I would appreciate it. Thanks...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]