ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

noise in grey suits

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claudia Gabrielanoise in grey suits
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 5:51:30 pm

Hey guys,
I'm keying someone using Keylight who is wearing a grey suit. for some reason, its causing a lot of noise? I'm being told to color correct it, but i don't really know what to DO with the color correction in order to fix it. I've tried playing with contrast, hue, saturation, levels, etc but it seems to look the same. is there someone out where who would know exactly what i need to play with in color correction to make the noise less severe? any advice helps. thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: noise in grey suits
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 5:56:15 pm

Look at the actual key that's being pulled. Keylight gives you the option to view that sort of thing. Work on making that key a bit cleaner.

Then, set Keylight to render the intermediate result only and use a different tool to do spill suppression.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Claudia GabrielaRe: noise in grey suits
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 6:11:50 pm
Last Edited By Claudia Gabriela on Apr 14, 2014 at 6:17:51 pm

thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: noise in grey suits
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 8:00:06 pm

[Claudia Gabriela] "thanks"

No problem!

Here's a thread where someone had a similar issue and Dave LaRonde has some great suggestions.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

jerry wiseRe: noise in grey suits
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 8:27:57 pm

you might look at "screen matte" and select "source" instead of the default "soft color"

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: noise in grey suits
by on Apr 15, 2014 at 4:26:42 pm

setting the replacement method from 'soft color' to 'hard color' can often help and this method still allows you to use keylight's spill suppression.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]