ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Calendar animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kovacs DenesCalendar animation
by on Apr 12, 2014 at 4:55:07 pm

Dear Experts,

I try build an universal, independently selectable days (01/Apr, 01/May on the pic) year-long calendar script/animation. The script build calendar, result screenshot are:

I created solids behind the texts, then change they color later as needed. Problem is the speed / the lot of layers (each item has own layers). Later need to select each days background fill color changeable.

Can anybody help w. some idea, how to solve this? I try the repeater func, but I lost daily selectable possibilities (because of clone objects).

Any help appreciated.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Calendar animation
by on Apr 15, 2014 at 3:49:16 am

A single Shape Layer with three Repeaters should give you all the squares for all the days across those four months that you've shown. Start with a single square. Then apply a Repeater and set it to repeat seven times across. Then add another Repeater and set it to repeat down, six time. Then add the last Repeater and set it to repeat four times across.

For the day selectors, it really depends how many you need at any one time.

For speed considerations, you can speed things up by setting the scale of day selectors to zero instead of setting opacity to zero. If scale is 100% and opacity is zero, AE will still have to draw the pixels at 100% scale and then reduce its opacity to zero. This of course wastes time.

Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Kovacs DenesRe: Calendar animation
by on Apr 15, 2014 at 10:15:52 am

Thank you very much for reply. I tried repeaters, but I can't find way, how to access independently every single (cloned) Rect's from script.

Yesterday I wrote a script, that generating a Shape layer, w. neccessary Rect's. Now I can reach every rect's fill colors, etc. This way looks better (few phisical layer), but the "total layer" remain same, just Rect's parents their own Shape layer (for each month).

The primary task is create a universal calendar, which can be display/animate independently each days (will come from external data source).

Thanks also for tip to speeding up AE w. item scaling instead of play w. opacity, etc. The best thing for AE to render - nothings :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved