ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cache Work area in Background fails

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony DupstaCache Work area in Background fails
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 11:56:40 pm

I have never been able to get this to work.
I have emptied the cache folders. In theory this sounds promising. Just always fails on me? Keep in mind I have only tried this about 10 times, with this set up.
Any suggestions to help me trouble shoot this and get this working?

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Cache Work area in Background fails
by on Apr 12, 2014 at 1:06:12 am

Sorry, but we wouldn't be very useful without a a whole lot more information:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/4200845#4200845

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anthony DupstaRe: Cache Work area in Background fails
by on Apr 12, 2014 at 1:21:08 am

I am working on AE CC OS 10.9.2

No third party hardware. No external drives.

Exr's are in the precomp, just keeps failing on me. I am working in Linear space. No quicktimes.

Full text of the error message is represented in the image I uploaded,
"Unexpected error in CacheFramesToDisk"

I have used this option before once or twice, possibly when I was not working in Linear space? Not sure if those variables correlate?

I do not have "Multiple Frames Simultaneously" checked on, it is off.

Classic 3d is on not ray traced.

I have re-booted a few times, this has been occurring over the last few days.

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Apr 12, 2014 at 1:46:14 am

No rhyme or reason that I can figure out. I imported an EXR seq from a diff job in a new project and set it up. That started to BG cache with my nice blue line. All good.
I can get it to work sometimes and than magically sometimes it will error out. All this with out any variables?

I switched back into the comp I could not get to work and clicked to cache the back ground and it began to work? So I than cleared all my memory and data base. That same comp would not BG cache after I purged memory and disk cache. NO go. I resarted AE, it began to work.
It seems that it is finicky? I can not dial in why it does and does not work? It is hit or miss. I just purged the system and it now is caching. I am just putting this out there encase others have this strange hit or miss thing happening.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Cache Work area in Background fails
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 1:29:23 pm

Your version number of AE is 12.2.1, right?

What are your computer's specs? Processor, RAM, etc. One thing specifically is what kind of hard drive(s) do you have?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 14, 2014 at 6:07:58 pm
Last Edited By Anthony Dupsta on Apr 14, 2014 at 6:22:10 pm

I will keep an eye on this, got to figure out this strange hit or miss BG caching issue. This week I will take note and try it on all the diff comps and see if I can find a pattern. One variable; I will hook up a thunderbolt EXT drive and designate that as the cache drive. Just as a test. However here are the specs for my HD and system while I have been experiencing this BG caching issue. Right now, I will hook up and try an EXT drive this week as a test.

Here are the Specs, specifically the HD
Seagate ST31000528AS 1TB
Journaled HFS+

AE 12.2.1.5
Mid 2011 iMac
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
32GB DD3
AMD 6970M
OS 10.9.2

Return to posts index

by on Apr 16, 2014 at 7:12:40 pm

Just encase anyone runs into this issue or his thread.
This has been working with some project files and others it is hit or miss. I am working in a Linear work space with EXRs. It seems that when if calls out the error and will not cache in the BG. Nothing will get it working, I have to restart AE, change project files, and when I get it to work on a diff project file, I can come back to the ones that don't work, and it will begin to cache. I have tried switching disks. But the issue continues. I am trying to weed out the variables. So far the constant variable is all my test are within a Linear working color space. I am going to swap out some of the third party plug-ins and see if those are factors?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]