ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Source Timecode for EXR seq not reading

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony DupstaSource Timecode for EXR seq not reading
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 8:41:25 pm
Last Edited By Anthony Dupsta on Apr 11, 2014 at 8:42:46 pm

Hi there,
I recently had a strange occurrence, I am running AECC on OS 10.9.2.
Importing all my exr sequences the timecode stays at zero and I have to manually set my timecode to match my image sequence.
So if the image seq starts at 0236922 After effects sees the sequence at 0.
It seems that it can't read the frame range? I have never had this problem before. As a test, I brought in some DPX sequences that started at a diff timecode, and yes, AE can read those frame ranges.
So this option does infact work , just not on any of the EXRs I have imported. About 30 sequences so far I have to manually set the start timecode at what the frame range actually is.
When I bring this same EXR seq into NUKE the range is read just fine in NUKE. I brought it into RV also and no problem. Frame range is good to go. Just AE can't read the range?
I have tried to upload a screen grab that I hope goes through here for you to see...

Any suggestion to test out?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Source Timecode for EXR seq not reading
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 9:26:31 pm

I'm not suprised by that behavior; as I recall, AE is only good at handling image sequence frame numbers from 0000-9999, a total of ten-thousand frames.

That oversignt on the part of Adobe would be good to submit as a feature request. I'd give you a link, but I don't have it, sorry to say.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Source Timecode for EXR seq not reading
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 9:51:38 pm
Last Edited By Michael Szalapski on Apr 11, 2014 at 9:51:59 pm

If the link you're looking for is the feature request form, I've got it right here. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved