ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Looking for an interesting way to morph these two line drawings.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hill
Looking for an interesting way to morph these two line drawings.
on Apr 11, 2014 at 12:45:18 pm

I'm trying to figure out a way to morph from this fingerprint to a portrait that will be drawn sort of like this one...

Anyone know a good way to do it? They asked for the lines to look like they move to go from one to the other but I'm not sure it's possible.

Thanks,

Craig

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Looking for an interesting way to morph these two line drawings.
on Apr 11, 2014 at 1:14:02 pm

You could do this by hand, but it would be one heck of a chore. I would suggest that you experiment with some dedicated morphing software. This will at least enable you to quickly give your client an idea of what it could look like, and save you hours. There are several free packages out there, and here's one which is only 30 bucks:

http://www.morpheussoftware.net/

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Craig Hill
on Apr 11, 2014 at 1:22:18 pm

Thanks Joe, I'll look into it!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Apr 11, 2014 at 2:30:01 pm

You could do this in a 3d program like Cinema 4D by creating geometry to match those images (really easy to do if they're made in Illustrator), making the geometry invisible, and then have Thinking Particles move from covering one to covering the other.

Other than hand animating it or faking a morph, this is the only thing I can think of.

Great concept though.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Paul Roper
on Apr 14, 2014 at 2:09:50 pm

If you want to do it within AE, the Reshape effect is the closest thing AE has to morphing. (Effect > Distort > Reshape). You basically specify a start and end mask shape (set the masks to 'none') and then animate the 'percent'. You'll have to apply the same effect to both layers and mix between them - not quite a perfect Michael Jackson Black or White effect, but I'm guessing you don't quite have the same time or budget (even though that was TWENTY THREE years ago!).

- Paul

Return to posts index

Doyle Lewis
on Apr 21, 2014 at 2:02:54 pm

I just did a blend frames morph and used photoshop to set up morph keyframes I liked so I had some control over how the picture morphed. I put both the photoshop timeline and the AE project in the attached zip if you like. It is not as pretty as some of the above suggestions, but I think it works.

7358_figerprinttopicture.zip

If you have any questions about frame blend morphing just let me know and I can further explain what I did.

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Craig Hill
on Apr 21, 2014 at 3:02:07 pm

Thanks Everyone! They've since decided the morph will be too much for what they want to do but I will still download & give that a try, Doyle, just for learning purposes. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]