ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Huge Cineware Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry Hodge
Huge Cineware Issue
on Apr 10, 2014 at 7:01:01 pm

Hey,

I am having trouble with integrating AE and C4D right now using Cineware. I have camera tracked live action footage of which I have exported into a linked cinema 4D file to create water. I have experienced no problems until recently. After Effects/Cineware is not showing the actual 3D object itself of which I have created, however the surrounding framework remain which show that a C4D layer is present. It's as if the object has disappeared.

Thanks!
-Henry

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Huge Cineware Issue
on Apr 11, 2014 at 3:37:32 pm

[Henry Hodge] "After Effects/Cineware is not showing the actual 3D object itself of which I have created, however the surrounding framework remain which show that a C4D layer is present. It's as if the object has disappeared."

If you're using the Ae comp camera, is it possible it's pointed such that the 3D object is off-screen?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Henry Hodge
on Apr 11, 2014 at 4:12:39 pm

Hey,

I have flicked through all cameras, emphasising the same exact camera that I am working with in Cinema 4D, all cameras (two of them) are facing the object. I originally exported the camera track data to Cinema 4D, so things should be matched up perfectly, which they were before until this problem suddenly and randomly occurred.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 11, 2014 at 4:24:30 pm

If you create a basic test -- just a new comp, with a new C4D file, with just a simple cube in it -- do you see that geometry in Ae?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]