ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I animate flowers blooming behind a logo?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul BooneHow do I animate flowers blooming behind a logo?
by on Apr 9, 2014 at 2:18:31 pm

I have a photoshop file with a whole bunch of flowers, which I would like to have blooming behind a logo. What's the best way to do this? I know I can keyframe position, but is there an effect or something to give the flowers a natural movement, sway after they pop up?

Also, what sequence settings should I use in After Effects for a project like this?

Thank You

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How do I animate flowers blooming behind a logo?
by on Apr 9, 2014 at 2:30:18 pm

The Puppet Pin tool sounds ideal for making moving flowers. You could even put wiggle expressions on some of the points so that it automates the animation for you!

There is no such thing as a sequence in After Effects - that's a Premiere word. AE has compositions. Your composition in After Effects should be the same size as your final output will be. If you are planning to deliver this to YouTube, 1920x1080 is a good choice.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Paul BooneRe: How do I animate flowers blooming behind a logo?
by on Apr 9, 2014 at 6:49:49 pm

Thanks Michael! Puppet tool is fantastic.

How do I put a wiggle expression on the flowers?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 10, 2014 at 2:50:31 pm

You can access the position information of each of the puppet pins in the timeline panel. You can add a wiggle expression there. I'd suggest applying wiggle to the x-axis only or a very subtle one on the y-axis.

If you're not familiar with using expressions at all, simply alt-click on the position stopwatch to add an expression to a layer. Type wiggle(2,20) and it'll start wiggling. Vary the numbers to change how much it wiggles and how fast it does so. Actually, you should probably look at some tutorials on expressions, but this should head you in the right direction.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Paul BooneRe: How do I animate flowers blooming behind a logo?
by on Apr 10, 2014 at 7:07:19 pm

Excellent! It wiggles!

I'll go through some tutorials and play with the numbers to get it right.

Can expressions be keyframed?

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

by on Apr 11, 2014 at 2:19:13 pm

You can add an expression control slider effect to a layer and tie the values in an expression to that slider. (On a wiggle, you only want to adjust the amplitude, not the frequency.)

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]