ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adding logo to 3D Sphere

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JP PelcAdding logo to 3D Sphere
by on Apr 8, 2014 at 6:06:10 pm

Hey there friends. I have a logo that I would like to put on a spherical golf ball as it rotates, but I can't seem to do it. I have Element 3D and C4D lite if need be, although I would rather keep it in Element 3D as that is much faster. I already have a golf ball as a .obj file that I've imported into Element, but when I add the logo as a texture the logo doesn't seem to appear on the ball, and when I texture in C4D it appears but it is incredibly distorted, even if I put it on a square backdrop.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Adding logo to 3D Sphere
by on Apr 9, 2014 at 1:36:05 pm

You could use CC Sphere to get your logo to look like it's on the ball, but your best bet would be to use Element and use the bump map there to really make your logo seem to be a part of the ball. There are some tutorials on VideoCopilot's site for creating materials for your models. I'd suggest going through them.

This is also very easy to do with C4D. By putting your logo as a layer in the color channel. You will need to adjust it somewhat after that though. However, I'd stick with Element for what you're doing.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved