ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

previewing files in media browser inside aftereffects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
manojit ghosepreviewing files in media browser inside aftereffects
by on Apr 7, 2014 at 12:57:56 pm

unlike the premiere pro media browser, i can't seem to preview sound/video/image files (like i can do with a video file by just hovering the mouse over the clip in premiere pro) ,i can only import them in after effects project window.
anyone knows what i am doing wrong?!

thanks
m.

MG

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: previewing files in media browser inside aftereffects
by on Apr 7, 2014 at 3:57:02 pm

You're doing nothing wrong.

You're using After Effects, not Premiere, and the two applications 1) aren't used for the same purposes, 2) don't do the same things, 3) were developed by two different software developers with no eye toward mutual compatibility... and so 4) they don't work the same way.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: previewing files in media browser inside aftereffects
by on Apr 7, 2014 at 5:04:47 pm

To expand on Dave's info, the easiest way to do it is to browse the files in Adobe Bridge, then either right-click, and choose "Open With", then After Effects, or select your file(s) in Bridge, and then drag and drop them into AE's Project tab. It's not as convenient as Premiere Pro, but, once you do this a few times, it's just as quick.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: previewing files in media browser inside aftereffects
by on Apr 9, 2014 at 1:27:40 pm

And to expand on what Joseph said, a good idea is to use Premiere to pick what shots you want to work on and set them together in a sequence and then import that sequence (or copy and paste those clips) into After Effects. Premiere is a video editor and is great for picking footage. After Effects is for creating shots (to be used later in a video editor) and isn't so good at picking footage.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]