ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to relocate/resource files used by AE project?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cheewii PoonHow to relocate/resource files used by AE project?
by on Apr 6, 2014 at 3:40:37 am

Hi I'm new here, have been lurking around for a while, but I recently created an account because I can't for the life of me figure out the simple fix to my problem!

Basically, I have this folder full of the files from my latest project, which includes the actual AEP files and also the resources and pictures used in the composition in different subfolders. I was just organizing my computer workspace and I renamed my folder to something that isn't "new folder (2)", but after that After Effects immediately spammed me with tons of errors saying my files couldn't be found, but unlike Sony Vegas it doesn't ask me where the files have gone, it just keeps spamming me and I have many files used so I can't be bothered to click through all the "Ok"s. I'm sure there's a simple fix to this I'm missing! Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How to relocate/resource files used by AE project?
by on Apr 7, 2014 at 1:10:20 pm

Select a missing footage item in your project panel -- you can actually get a list of all missing items by typing "missing" in the project panel search box -- then right-click and choose Replace footage > With file... (or use the shortcut Ctrl+H [PC] or Cmd+H [Mac]). You can now select your new file. After Effects should then reconnect all missing media in the same relative path.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved