ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Shape Layer and Wiggle problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent TaylorAfter Effects Shape Layer and Wiggle problems
by on Apr 5, 2014 at 9:33:37 pm

So I imported a shape using the Create Shapes from Vector Layers command. It's just an outline that's filled in with color.

The problem is that when I apply a wiggle transform, it wiggles the outline and the fill separately! I can't seem to get them to wiggle together.

If I could somehow combine those two "groups" within he shape layer that would do it... but nothing I tried works. I tried selecting them both and hitting CTL+G but that didn't do the trick. I also tried moving where the wiggle was in the menu but that didn't seem to work.

Alternatively, if there is some way to apply the wiggle to non-shape layers, I'd really like to know how to do that.

For example, I know how to get them to wiggle with an ALT+click on a property and then typing the wiggle(x,y); command, but then they wiggle indefinitely.

Any help appreciate... my apologies if this is too elementary.

Return to posts index

Tom ThursfieldRe: After Effects Shape Layer and Wiggle problems
by on Apr 5, 2014 at 10:10:35 pm

I think what you're doing is adding the wiggle to the contents of the converted vector using the add arrow right?
If you go to effects and presets type wiggle (or even wigg) and hold down and drag on to the shape layer the type of wiggle you want from behaviors, then it should wiggle the whole thing not the part individually.
Hope that helps I tried it out just to test and it works.

Return to posts index

Brent TaylorRe: After Effects Shape Layer and Wiggle problems
by on Apr 5, 2014 at 11:05:59 pm

Fantastic. Thank you! Works for non-shape layers too... lots of karma for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved