ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Zooming Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noelle SmithAfter Effects Zooming Problem
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 3:50:41 pm

Hey, I have to animate a character speaking in a how to video, The character originally resides on the home page of their website. I have animated the character separately using just the character and the background. I want to be able to move from the character to the zoomed in character on the homepage in order to zoom out and begin the tutorial. Is there an easier and more obvious way to do this? When I blatantly scale the website down so the character on it is the same size as the one i have animated, the image gets ridiculously blurred. Thanks for your help :)

Return to posts index

Thomas LeongRe: After Effects Zooming Problem
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 4:32:29 pm

"When I blatantly scale the website down so the character on it is the same size as the one i have animated, the image gets ridiculously blurred."

Think it depends on the resolution of the website image (without scaling) versus your animated size, i.e. your comp.

Recently, I did something similar - scaling a 22,000 wide Photoshop image I was given to my comp width of 5000 pixels BEFORE importing into After Effects. The result was bad. The solution was to bring the original 22,000 pixel wide image into AE as is, and CTRL+ALT+F to fit my comp. The resulting render was nice and sharp.

So if the website image is larger than your comp resolution, CTRL+ALT+F should help. But if it is smaller, then I doubt so.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]