ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

vfx shot (how to) mirror reflection two people

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rui Sousavfx shot (how to) mirror reflection two people
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 2:55:06 pm

Here's the PREVIZ Shot http://reels.creativecow.net/film/previz-shot

Hey, my name is Rui Pedro Sousa and I am a young independent filmmaker starting his career on making movies. I have a small team that collaborates on several projects from professional films in Portugal, to TV commercials and etc. Now we are making a new short film that's going to have skeletons coming from the ground made with motion capture and a lot of some cool FX we will try to accomplish.

I also work on a company on the VFX team.

The thing is me and my team have come to a scene were we discussed several ways of filming it and we just can't figure out the simpler way to do it. So I am trying to contact a large number of amazing people to try to give us an opinion on how to accomplish this.

The Scene has a guy going in from of a mirror. Then the camera makes a movement around that guy and on the mirror there's the same room but a girl. That Picture inside the mirror will be in black and white since he is remembering his girlfriend in the past. Then the camera goes inside the mirror and we are in the B&W scene with the girl and with the boy (in color) on the other side. Then the camera enters the mirror again to the other side and the guy leaves.

The Previz Scenes are attached.

We don't have a lot of budget. But the solutions we came out so far was to make a wall with a hole where the mirror was supposed to be and build two identical rooms with the same furniture and move the camera in and out of the mirror and then roto scope the characters and add a mirror in the middle. But this is by far the most expensive way since we have to build to exact rooms.

The second choice was to film each side with a green screen on the mirror but how would we make the same type of movement in the front of each character to mach the footage from behind?

I would love if you guys could take a look at the previz and at least give us some ideas on how we could accomplish this effects.

The main softwares were we work are after effects and C4D, for motion tracking we use boujou or mocha.

Cheers,
Rui Pedro Sousa

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]