ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

True Detective Title Sequence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris BobotisTrue Detective Title Sequence
by on Apr 1, 2014 at 4:15:04 pm

I am so proud to announce that I just got a message from one of customers informing us that they used
our products for AE to help create the title sequence to HBO's True Detective.

This has to be one of my all time favourite title sequences. If you have not seen it yet then check out:
http://www.vimeo.com/84017154

I will share more details as I get them.

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: True Detective Title Sequence
by on Apr 1, 2014 at 7:51:46 pm

Guess different tastes for different folks, I was NOT a fan of that sequence at all. On that other hand, I am a fan of Mettle products and am definitely interested in how they were used in that sequence.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Chris BobotisRe: True Detective Title Sequence
by on Apr 1, 2014 at 8:40:57 pm

Hey John, thanks for the kind words on ours prods, I will definitely post more info as I get it.

BTW, I love the music for this title sequence too. Such great tone and texture in both of the singers voices.

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

Joey TrimmerRe: True Detective Title Sequence
by on Apr 1, 2014 at 10:08:27 pm

Hey that's fantastic! I actually really enjoyed that title sequence. The juxtaposition of imagery over the characters was really cool. Complex roads over Woody Harrelson almost looked like muscle tissue.

"I'm your density. I mean, your destiny." – George McFly

Return to posts index

Chris BobotisRe: True Detective Title Sequence
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 3:41:40 pm

Thanks Joey. I found out that this title sequence won numerous awards already and still counting... congrats to all that were involved on this piece.

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: True Detective Title Sequence
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 11:20:40 pm
Last Edited By Brian Charles on Apr 2, 2014 at 11:22:14 pm

Its a remarkable darkly evocative piece that stands out amongst what glibly passes for motion design these days.

I'm very interested in the details of how Mettle was used in the production. Congratulations to all the artists involved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]