ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

aerender watch folder permissions error...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer Tweed
aerender watch folder permissions error...
on Mar 30, 2014 at 6:30:53 pm

Hey guys, I'm trying to launch a background instance of aerender.exe from the command line in watch folder mode based on this article: http://helpx.adobe.com/en/after-effects/using/automated-rendering-network-r...

I get an error in the command line: "After Effects Error: You do not have read/write permissions for this folder." I'm pointing it to my desktop so this shouldn't be an issue at all... I can run normal projects from the command line with no problem at all, it is only when I use the "-wf" tag that I get this error. Anyone know how to fix it? Per that article it should work fine...

Heres the batch command I'm using:"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\aerender.exe" -wf C:\Users\Spencer\Desktop\Temp Watch Folder

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
Re: aerender watch folder permissions error...
on Mar 30, 2014 at 7:15:24 pm

I thought I had it by saving an AE project called "Watch This Folder.aep" in the watch folder and launching it in aerender.exe. Looked hopeful for a minute there and then it just crashed... Been beating my head against this one for a while now with still no solution :\

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Mar 30, 2014 at 9:40:16 pm

[Spencer Tweed] "Heres the batch command I'm using:"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\aerender.exe" -wf C:\Users\Spencer\Desktop\Temp Watch Folder"

I'm not in front of Ae to test right now, but maybe you need to escape those spaces or surround the whole watch folder path with quotes?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
on Mar 30, 2014 at 11:36:39 pm

I just tried both, still got the same error. I don't think it can't find the folder because I have no problems with anything but the -wf argument, must be something else...

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Apr 2, 2014 at 8:38:31 pm

Forgive an obvious query, but do you have admin rights on the machine in question?

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
on Apr 2, 2014 at 9:08:12 pm

Valid question, so far as I know I do. I'm logged in as administrator but if I remember correctly that doesn't always mean I have admin rights does it? I admit I don't always understand Windows permissions...

- Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]