ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I tried Shift Channels on a blue stroke to change it to alpha, but nothing happened. What's wrong?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Rouric
I tried Shift Channels on a blue stroke to change it to alpha, but nothing happened. What's wrong?
on Mar 29, 2014 at 9:16:06 pm

I made this blue S, http://imgur.com/0JPwunu

with the rotobezier and a stroke effect. Now I want to change the blue to alpha, and Shift Channels doesn't seem to do anything when I say take the alpha channel from the blue channel.

That's the only blue thing on the screen, I don't get the confusion. I expect the blue to become transparent...

Return to posts index

Jeff Rouric
Re: I tried Shift Channels on a blue stroke to change it to alpha, but nothing happened. What's wrong?
on Mar 29, 2014 at 10:33:32 pm

Wait a minute, I'm an idiot. In my hours of frustration and doing tests with the color channels of different sources, I failed to realize that white is a pure combination of ALL colors, including blue.

And that the exact same effect is achieved with "Reveal Original Image" (on stroke options) + Invert Channels set to Alpha.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: I tried Shift Channels on a blue stroke to change it to alpha, but nothing happened. What's wrong?
on Mar 30, 2014 at 5:03:14 pm

Thanks for reporting back what worked for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]