ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Breaking Mocha Tracker Corner Pin Constraints ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Usman PirzadaBreaking Mocha Tracker Corner Pin Constraints ?
by on Mar 29, 2014 at 2:42:36 pm

Hey guys, before i tell you my problem, i think i should tell you that i am an utter noob so baby steps will help! :D thanks alot!

Here is what i am trying to do:

I have a raw scene with a flat carboard attached to a handle held in my hand. Now i am mocha tracking it and it tracks perfectly however a problem:

1) it is restricted to the area WITHIN the cardboard, i dont want that.

I want it to be free of the restraints of that cardboard's border. Maybe a creating a null will help? but i dont know how to do that. Basically i am trying to put a gun in my hand and though the gun is coming, it is being cut and appears ONLY within the cardboard frame.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Breaking Mocha Tracker Corner Pin Constraints ?
by on Mar 31, 2014 at 1:27:11 am

You are very likely confusing mocha's Tracking Spline(s) and its Planar Surface. They are entirely different thingies that share one common, albeit huge, attribute in that the Planar Surface works/acts as a child of the tracking results that are obtained as a result of tracking.

Once you have completed a tracking task, you can set the Planar Surface's four corner points independent of the Tracking Spline as long as the Planar Surface is co-planar with the tracking splines - this is true for all 2D/2.5D planar tracking in mocha.

In your specific case, set the Planar Surface's corner points to your desired after tracking and then export the tracking results to AE.

Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Usman PirzadaRe: Breaking Mocha Tracker Corner Pin Constraints ?
by on Mar 31, 2014 at 8:04:52 pm

Hmm, i think i may be doing something wrong. This is what i am doing. I open up a footage in mocha. make a shape over the cardboad, track it and impot to AE. However now, whatever is attached to that track layer, goes inside the border of the cardboard (the shape i drew).

What i want is to somehow use, Mocha's tracking aptness to give me a null free of any restraints? Just pure track in 2D, 2.5D?

Return to posts index

Martin BrennandRe: Breaking Mocha Tracker Corner Pin Constraints ?
by on Apr 1, 2014 at 4:38:05 am

Hi Usman,

What you want to adjust is the surface. This is the little blue square icon in the mocha view controls that helps you define the four corners of the track you want to export.

When you turn the surface on, you can adjust the corners and make it as big or as small as you would like. You can then choose to either export it as a corner pin or a transform. Corner pin will constrain your tracked layer to the four corners of the pin, and transform will only operate in position, scale and rotation.

To make the tracked layer fit how you would expect, you need to make sure it is the same size as the original comp. There are tips on how to do this here:

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

Usman PirzadaRe: Breaking Mocha Tracker Corner Pin Constraints ?
by on Apr 1, 2014 at 2:56:21 pm

Thankyou so much guys. let me try it and see if it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved