ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Displays Colored Bars When Using The Ram Preview Command

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dobre AlexAfter Effects Displays Colored Bars When Using The Ram Preview Command
by on Mar 28, 2014 at 10:53:05 am

Can anyone please help me with this.

As the subject of my post says, I get weird color bars (like the 'tv lost signal' bars) when I use the Ram Preview command. The thing is that it only works in Draft (Fast Previews). Adaptive and Final Quality show me those color bars. You might be wondering why I'm not using the Draft mode because it previews a decent quality, but the thing is that in Draft, the Multi Processing feature is automatically disabled by AE.

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: After Effects Displays Colored Bars When Using The Ram Preview Command
by on Mar 28, 2014 at 2:22:22 pm

I'm guessing that you may have moved the file from its original location or renamed it or something. It may be displaying it when you aren't ram previewing it because it was stored in memory, but when you go to preview it and it tries to render, it's like, "hey, what? Why are you telling me to render something when I don't know where it is. I'm gunna make you look at these pretty colors I can make instead."

Again, just a guess.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

Dobre AlexRe: After Effects Displays Colored Bars When Using The Ram Preview Command
by on Mar 28, 2014 at 7:58:59 pm

I haven't touched the original files either. It seems that I get this error only when I use .mov files from my Canon EOS.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]