ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Plexus and Tracking Data

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian MagadanPlexus and Tracking Data
by on Mar 28, 2014 at 12:01:54 am

I am completely lost on this one. If anyone could help me out, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Is it possible to add tracking data to a single mask in a layer but not others? I am trying to use Plexus to make it look as though a computer is analyzing someones face. I mainly wanted 2 masks on the layer that interact with each other.

The first mask is an outline of the persons face that follows them throughout the shot. The second mask is just a series of points inside of the first mask that are meant to be used to Plexus to "bridge the gap" between the two sides of the main characters face. I used the Roto Brush and Auto Trace to create an outline of the persons face (Which works perfectly). Now comes the issue.

I want to make a second mask that will accomplish 2 things:

1. Track to the persons face when they move

2. Use Plexus to interact with the first mask (outline)

So is there any possible way to accomplish this?

I need the outline mask to stay where it is, but I need the second mask to track to the persons face. If I track the persons face and add it to the whole layer, the outline masks moves too. If I create a new layer and add the tracking data to that layer, the outline mask will not interact with any of the points on the inside since they are on different layers.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Plexus and Tracking Data
by on Mar 28, 2014 at 12:33:40 am

Can't you set each mask (and their accompanying Nulls or Lights) to be in separate Plexus Groups?

Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Christian MagadanRe: Plexus and Tracking Data
by on Mar 28, 2014 at 12:42:35 am

Yes, but from what I can tell that is only for adding different Plexus properties to different masks inside of the same layer. What I am mainly trying to do is add tracking data to a single mask in a layer instead of the adding it to the layer as a whole.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved