ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3d camera tracking problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evan halleck3d camera tracking problem
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 6:02:43 pm

Hello. I am using the 3d camera tracker to try and put words on to a water tower shot on a helicopter drone. For all the closeup it tracks fine and is perfect but for the two wide shots its shaky. I have tried many different track points and they all have the same results. I have tried mocha and have not been pleased with the results either. If i were to use mocha again would I want to use the corner pin or the anchor point transform and scale feature. I know I am decently new to the tracking game but I am motivated to make this look good here is a clip of what I am talking about. The text and look is temporary I just want to get the tracking down first.

(watch in 720hd to see what I am talking about)

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: 3d camera tracking problem
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 6:48:06 pm

Looks pretty good to me. Very passable, unless you move in a lot closer than we see in that shot, I don't see the issue.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

evan halleckRe: 3d camera tracking problem
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 7:38:54 pm

we will be sending to film festivals and showing on a big screen and wait it to be perfect. On a small screen looks fine but on a big I think it will be very noticable

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: 3d camera tracking problem
by on Mar 28, 2014 at 12:02:00 am

mocha is a planar tracker. You're trying to track an object while in the distance, still exhibits a rather distinct spherical/cylindrical shape - you're not likely to get acceptable results.

You may try tracking just the edges of the object or even cranking up the levels/curves in AE so that the surface looks flat. Then render out this flattened version for tracking in mocha.In mocha, ensure that you only set the search parameters to track for transforms, ie no shear/perspective.

Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved