ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jefferson Andres
After Effects CC
on Mar 25, 2014 at 2:37:05 pm

Hi everyone I just upgrade my video editing software from CS6 to CC but as I'm about to render my video I saw that they remove some of the render settings like H.26 and now all my rendered video are too Large in file size is there any way to change it other than using a converter?

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: After Effects CC
on Mar 25, 2014 at 2:53:36 pm

I'm not a CC user (CS6), but you would be well served to output an uncompressed master file first (I happen to use Quicktime Animation 100 percent at whatever frame size I'm working in), and then do your delivery formats using Adobe Media Encoder. The quality is great, but it adds an additional step.

The benefit of this method is that you have a master file which you can then use to output any other formats that are needed later.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

George Goodman
on Mar 25, 2014 at 3:37:44 pm

While Joseph's advice is spot on, I don't like to take the time to render in animation and then compress for the sake of a draft, not worth the time.

I use CC. I assume you meant h.264 is gone. This shouldn't be the case. Can't be a lot of help except to tell you that there's definitely something unnatural at play. If you send it to Adobe Media Encoder (composition>add to adobe media Encoder queue), are you still missing the H.264 codec? This would imply it being something other than AE itself.

A while back, when I first installed CS6, I lost the H.264 codec. For some reason, it had something to do with the version of the the CC updater I had installed. Make sure that you have the latest version of Creative Cloud. If you don't, update that, uninstall AE, download a new version, re-install, and see if that fixes it.

I always hate that advice because it's super time consuming and has no guarantee of working. Gotta try it though if you can't otherwise fix it.

Hope that helps.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

Jefferson Andres
on Mar 25, 2014 at 3:56:57 pm

thanks for the advice everyone

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Mar 25, 2014 at 4:17:51 pm

Do you mean that when you select Format Options that H.264 is not in the drop-down list?

Return to posts index

Jefferson Andres
on Mar 25, 2014 at 4:22:59 pm

WOW thanks a lot mate.. you rock!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Mar 25, 2014 at 6:41:26 pm

[Jefferson Andres] "Hi everyone I just upgrade my video editing software from CS6 to CC but as I'm about to render my video I saw that they remove some of the render settings like H.26 and now all my rendered video are too Large in file size is there any way to change it other than using a converter?"

Preferences > Output > Show Deprecated Formats in Output Module Settings.

However, they are deprecated for a reason. Ae's built-in deprecated H.264 encoder is nowhere near as good as Adobe Media Encoders.

Personally, I use a watch folder setup with Adobe Media Encoder. I render high-quality intermediates into a folder that AME is set to watch and it encodes H.264 for me.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Mar 25, 2014 at 6:58:06 pm

I agree with Walter, I never render H.264 from After Effects. I was merely responding to your initial question.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Mar 25, 2014 at 7:05:50 pm

[Ridley Walker] "I agree with Walter, I never render H.264 from After Effects. I was merely responding to your initial question."

You've also pointed out that there are actually two ways to render H.264 from Ae:

1) Deprecated H.264 output module
2) QuickTime H.264 encoder

Both may work in a pinch, but both may sometimes produce questionable output.

(OT: Ridley, if you're interested, I'd love to connect sometime. My contact information is on my COW profile [link] if you care to get in touch.)

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jefferson Andres
on Mar 25, 2014 at 7:11:31 pm

thanks everyone...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>