ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Special Effect in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Lopez
Special Effect in After Effects
on Mar 25, 2014 at 7:12:22 am

Hello! I have been grazing this forum for months now just soaking up great gems of knowledge!

It was finally time to join and get some answers!

I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this affect in AE?

The flickering lights, colors, and random effects that happen throughout the video.

I have worked a bit with green screen and assumed it was a layer of just another video with those effects
Is a camera actually rotating or do you think that it is just a video effect to make him look like he is spinning. If so how can I do that?? Thank you ahead of time!
Also I have been looking into green screen backgrounds which I assume this video is how do I get that depth of field look like this video?
Thank you again!
-Evan

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Special Effect in After Effects
on Mar 25, 2014 at 11:22:53 am

Is a camera actually rotating or do you think that it is just a video effect to make him look like he is spinning. If so how can I do that??

He's looks to be sitting/standing on a turntable. It's basically what it sounds like, a device used to spin objects(or in this case), a person around in a circle. At 40 seconds, they add to the look by having him sitting on the turntable and tracking the camera past him---looked cool.

The flickering lights colors can be accomplished in a few ways, but mostly it's adding a video/solid layer over your video and playing with transfer modes and opacity. Here's a tutorial on film damage that uses the same techniques.

Old Film Look

Here's a link to a page that has links to tons of film damage/light leak pages you can overlay on to your videos: 121 Free Film Grain & Light Leaks for
Film & Video Editors

And finally if you are just starting in AE, here's a great starting place: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Evan Lopez
Re: Special Effect in After Effects
on Mar 25, 2014 at 4:20:31 pm

Man, Seriously thank you so much for so much information! I am definitely going to go through all the links. Really helped a lot!
-Evan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]