ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects version of Envelope Distort?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Taylor
After Effects version of Envelope Distort?
on Mar 25, 2014 at 1:34:38 am

In Flash CS4, there's an option under Modify > Transform > Envelope for deforming objects.

I really like this option, but I'm transitioning to After Effects. Is there anything like that there?

The closest thing I can find is the Bezier Warp option. That is pretty close, but not really the same. It seems a lot more likely to "fold over" an object in three dimensions, like if you were grabbing the edges of a paper and lifting them up with the center pinned to the table.

The option in Flash is more like having a rubber band on a table or a ring of string and pusing around the way it lays there.

Hopefully that makes sense... any recommendations?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: After Effects version of Envelope Distort?
on Mar 25, 2014 at 2:29:38 am

Have you tried the Mesh Warp effect?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Brent Taylor
on Mar 25, 2014 at 4:22:47 am

Yeah, I tried that one, too... it was ok, but again, not really what I'm looking for. It was all too 3D in nature. I'm looking for something more 2D in application.

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
on Apr 1, 2014 at 4:22:54 pm

Try Liquefy. It's a bit more organic than you might like, but you can do some pretty cool stuff with it.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]