ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

any way to format text linked to another source?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
constanti dinu
any way to format text linked to another source?
on Mar 24, 2014 at 10:47:15 am

hi,
i'm working on a weather project and i'm facing a problem. I have some comps with the cities and temperatures and i want to add the Celsius degree symbol at the end of the temperature number(you know, the small upper zero next to the degree). The temperature number is linked with an expression in source text to get the number from another layer (something like comp("france info").layer("t11").text.sourceText). i can't find a way to add the temperature sign next. any ideas?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: any way to format text linked to another source?
on Mar 24, 2014 at 2:26:07 pm

Unless I'm missing something, I think in your source text expression after the number input + "°"

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

constanti dinu
on Mar 25, 2014 at 6:45:44 am

thank you my friend! i thought about this but i didnt knew there is an ASCII character :)) bless you

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 25, 2014 at 11:48:44 am

I had to look it up, but it's hold down alt and type in on the number keypad 0186, º

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]