ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Pro Import Not Working Properly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Evans
AE Pro Import Not Working Properly
on Mar 23, 2014 at 12:22:35 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer an edit for FX work from Avid MC7.0.2 to AE CS6. I've followed the Kevin McAuliffe tute word for word but it just doesn't work.

I have an Avid timeline of AMA material, consolidated to MXF wrappers with 2 second handles. I then export this new consolidated timeline to AAF which all goes well.

I then open AE, go to Pro Import and select the AAF file. I use the Quicktime reference and then tick the flatten files box as Kevin does. When the project opens it just has all the clips in a comp with each clip saying 'unsupported media'. It has actually generated a hundred or so clips with that message on it in a folder where the AAF files lives.

I tried some other options like link straight to Avid files but then the project consists totally of all the clips as black solids! No matter what I do I cannot get this sequence to open in AE. Any ideas?

I'm using an iMac at the moment but the project bounces from here to a Mac Pro at work. OSX 10.7.5. Doesn't seem hardware related.

Senior Technician, Moving Image Department - Kingston University London.

Return to posts index

Ken Evans
Re: AE Pro Import Not Working Properly
on Mar 23, 2014 at 10:08:02 pm

After the best part of a day I found the problem. Consolidating the material was the wrong move. I transcoded it instead, using a dnxhd codec and it went through fine but creating the AE project took some time. The original material was prores HQ and the AE pro import just didn't like it.

Senior Technician, Moving Image Department - Kingston University London.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]